Comment on page
Started in 2014, CoinGecko is the world's largest independent crypto data aggregator that is integrated with more than 700 crypto exchanges and lists more than 10,000 coins.
CoinGecko API provides the most comprehensive & reliable crypto data through RESTful JSON endpoints. Thousands of forward-thinking projects, Web3 developers, researchers, institutions, and enterprises use our API to obtain price feeds, market data, metadata, and historical data of crypto assets, NFTs, and exchanges.
Here are some of the common use cases for clients who use CoinGecko API:
- Crypto Exchanges (CEX, DEX), Trading Apps
- Wallets (Hot, Cold）
- Data Aggregator, Crypto Screener, Analytics Dashboard
- Block Explorer, Portfolio Tracker
- DeFi Protocols, NFT Marketplaces, Digital Bank
- Backtesting Trading Strategy
- Accounting, Tax, Audit, HR Payroll
- Research & Analysis: Media, Institution, Academic, VC, Financial
- Oracles, Bots, Payments, E-commerce, and more!
The Public API is mainly used for testing & non-commercial hobby usage. For serious research and project development work, you should use our Pro API for reliable performance, higher rate limit, faster data freshness, access to exclusive endpoints, and priority support. You may obtain API key to use Pro API by subscribing to any paid plan here: https://www.coingecko.com/en/api/pricing
The next page will guide you on how to get started with API key to access Pro API.