After subscribing to a CoinGecko API paid plan, you can follow this guide below to start using our Pro version API.
Reminder: Pro API is accessible by any user who is subscribed to a paid API plan, it is different from our Public API. To call Pro API with a key, you should always use this root URL: https://pro-api.coingecko.com/api/v3
- Click on “+ Add New Key” and a new API Key will be created
- You will be using the newly created API Key as query parameter. Request Example:
- You can check list of all available endpoints here in our official documentation: https://www.coingecko.com/en/api/documentation
- Remember to add &x_cg_pro_api_key= and replace YOUR_API_KEY with your own API Key.
- Here's an example of calling Bitcoin's market data with your Pro API key: https://pro-api.coingecko.com/api/v3/coins/markets?vs_currency=usd&ids=bitcoin&x_cg_pro_api_key=YOUR_API_KEY
- You can also supply your API key via custom header named: x-cg-pro-api-key
- Click “Delete Key” to delete this API key
- You can also update the “Label” and click “Confirm” to confirm your update
- You can check your month-to-date API usage report and the timestamp when you last used your Pro API.
- You can also check your full historical usage in the dashboard.
Monthly Usage Report